Sometimes you wake up and all you want is something sweet. You'll sit there contemplate a healthy breakfast then compromise and go with a "healthy" waffle recipe. BOOM, you've done it; with HONE matcha cordyceps Gluten-Free waffles!
Why Gluten-Free Waffles?
Even if you aren't lactose intolerant, often gluten can make you feel sluggish and lethargic. Gluten causes an inflammatory response in the body leading to a plethora of potential issues, including fatigue and join pain. It is not must to eliminate gluten if you don't have celiac disease or an intolerance, but it is always useful to consume less inflammatory foods!
- 1-1/3 cupsGluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- 1 tspBaking Powder
- 1/2 tspBaking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup Oat Milk or dairy alternative, add up to 1/2 cup more if needed
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp HONE Matcha
- Begin preheating a griddle to medium or medium-high heat (350-375°F).
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and oil.
- With a wire whisk, stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until smooth.
- Ladle approximately ⅓ cup pancake batter onto hot griddle. Flip when bubbly and edges are slightly dry, about 3-4 minutes per side. Serve hot with your favorite maple syrup or other desired toppings.