It's April 30th and you know what that means it's national boba tea day! So, guess what? ... We made a Hone matcha boba tea for you! This will make your taste buds so excited to be on your tongue and will make your body so happy to be alive.
Where does boba tea come from?
Boba tea originated in Taiwan in the 80's. At that time, milk tea, tapioca balls (boba) and shaved ice were all already massively popular. Some genius decided to combine the three and boom, they had a drink masterpiece on their hands. Boba tea! Now, the drink is all around the world with boba tea cafes popping up everywhere in the US.
What is boba tea?
Simple! It is frothy milk tea with tapioca balls at the bottom. An absolutely amazingly delicious tea treat :)
Matcha Boba tea Recipe!
1 cup of tapioca balls* (you can adjust it to make more or less)
5 cups of water
Milk of choice
1 Tablespoon of Hone
1 cup of water
Sweetener of choice for taste (We love monkfruit!)
Whip cream is always a plus!
- Boil water
- Put in tapioca balls
- Turn the heat to medium
- Cover and simmer about 8-13 minutes. (The balls should be translucent, soft, and sticky. If they are still firm, then let the balls sit in the water for about 2 minutes.)
- Remove the lid and stir to loosen
- Drain and run under cold water.
- Let rest for about 5 minutes
- Put the tapioca balls in your cup of choice
- Put your favorite milk on top
- Pour your mixed Hone on top
- Sweeten for taste
- Finish, with whipped cream on top if you are feeling sweet :)
Sie note: You can enjoy with a milkshake straw that you can find in most grocery stores (check the kitchen utensil section) or even a reusable boba straw.