We don't know about you, but growing up, one of our favorite treats was when our moms would make chocolate covered strawberries. It was even better when we got to help.. Then all of that extra chocolate could be licked from the bowl and from our hands. Now, that we are all grown up, these delectable red deliciousness's have a special place in our hearts.
Rarely do we make them due to the heath benefits. BUT we found a way around that by adding our HONE matcha with organic cordyceps and vitamins B6 / B12 to the chocolate. Now we have no excuse to consume these lovelies.
Why do strawberries need to be dry to make chocolate covered Strawberries?
Nobody wants their chocolate to fall off of their strawberry when they pick it up, right!? That's the power of making these little guys dry. After washing each one, grab paper towels and pat each down until they are fully dry for chocolate readiness.
What is the best chocolate to use for Matcha Chocolate strawberries?
Whatever chocolate you like the most of course! Though, there are a few stipulations,
- Try to find a baker's chocolate, one that you chop up!
- Don't use chocolate chips because these are filled with emulsifiers that won't bind well to the strawberries compared to bakers chocolate.
- For matcha chocolate strawberries, white chocolate is a clear winner! This way you get to see the bright green on each strawberry!
How long should you store Chocolate Covered Strawberries?
At least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. The longer you wait, the more the chocolate will bind to the strawberry. They can sit in the frig for up to three days!
Homemade HONE Matcha Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
- 1 tsp HONE Matcha
- ½ cup white chocolate
- 12 Strawberries
- Rinse strawberries thoroughly and pat to dry. Make sure strawberries are completely dry before dipping into chocolate.
- Microwave chocolate in a microwave safe dish, in 30-second intervals, stirring in between heating's.
- Mix HONE Matcha powder using a fork with chocolate until smooth.
- Dip strawberries ¾ way into chocolate mixture, holding by stem or leaves.
- Transfer dipped strawberries onto wax paper, 1 inch apart.
- Place the matcha chocolate-covered strawberries in fridge to cool, minimum 30 mins.
Enjoy these lovely treats!